In 1954 Fr. John Larrea was sent to look after the Lotha mission. For some time he toured the Lotha area from Dibrugarh but in September 1955 he shifted his residence to Golaghat. By the end of 1955 there were 415 Catholics. A very successful missionary effort was the Naga School at Golaghat began on 15th February 1958 with 17 boys. In 1959 Fr. Roland O’Hara was sent to join the Lotha mission at Golaghat. On 8th September 1965 the parish of Wokha was officially erected comprising of the districts of Wokha, Mokokchung and Tuensang. Fr. Roland O’Hara was appointed the Parish Priest. The first batch of 27 Lotha students arrived from Golaghat on 1st September 1965 and started the Don Bosco School at the present campus. In 1966 the Lotha medium school was turned into an English Medium. There were about 160 students of which 125 were boarders.
The Salesian parish of Wokha looks after seven villages and also runs two satellite schools. Don Bosco Hr. Sec. School, Wokha has over 1500 students from Nursery to Class XII with 46 teaching staff. The centre also runs a youth centre. Facilities available like Gym, tailoring training for the girls, wall animation in different fields, Indoor games are well utilized by the youth of the area.
Parish, Pastoral work and Evangelization, Chaplaincy, Youth Animation, Cooperators, Past Pupils, High School, Hr. Sec. School, Youth Centre, Boarding for boys.
Don Bosco Hr. Sec. School
PB. 5, Wokha – 797 111
(03860) 222738 / 222084