Mgr. Emmanuel Bars was the first Salesian missionary to enter and reside in the Naga hills in 1948 as chaplain to Medical Sisters serving at the Naga hospital Kohima. Fr. Umberto Marocchino came as chaplain in 1951. On 14th December 1952 Kevipele Belho of Kohima Village was baptized in the hospital and christened John Kevipele. His father Mr. Pralie was baptized in 1954 along with 8 others. The first Catholic church in Kohima was built in 1957 in T. Khel. In 1958 Philip Suosahie came to offer his services to the church and was appointed the catechist. Fr. Marocchino started a Lower Primary School at Mr. Levi’s house. It was later shifted to Pazilietsie near the church. The school continued to run with about 50 students.
In 2007 there are 1299 students and 45 on the staff in Christ King Higher Secondary School, Kohima. The school is marked by the presence of various tribes of people such as Angamis, Lothas, Semas, Rongmei, Zeliang, Mao, etc. There are 13 boarders in the boys hostel run by the Salesians.
Parish, Pastoral work and Evangelization, Youth Groups, Youth Animation, Chaplaincy, Hr. Sec. School, Boarding for boys.
Christ King Church
P.B. 13, Kohima – 797 001
(0370) 2221468 / 2280347