Khoupum Valley is situated at a distance of 88 km from Imphal. Though some of the students from Khoupum were baptized as early as 1959, the real opening of the valley came only with the touring by Fr. Paul Bernick, and Fr. Chettupuzha George and later by Fr. John Med. In 1972 the centre at Tamenglong was opened by Fr. Maria Selvam and Khoupum was looked after from Tamenglong. Don Bosco School, Khoupum was opened in February 1977. In November 1982 Fr. Joe Ngamkhuchung came to stay permanently at Khoupum valley. On 15th August 1985 Khoupum Valley was raised to the status of a parish and Fr. Chacko was officially appointed its first Parish Priest.
In 2007, the Parish has over 4000 Catholics in 24 villages. There are 1942 students and 20 teachers in the School. There are 75 boys in the boarding run by the Salesians. Various tribes such as Rongmei, Kukis and Chirus attend the school.
Parish, Pastoral work and Evangelization, Youth animation, Chaplaincy, High School, Boarding for boys.
Don Bosco School
Via Nungba – 795 147