Want to be a Partner in our Cause?
- Phase 1 – 4 Years: Pre-novitiate – 1 year; Novitiate – 1 Year and Study of Philosophy – 2 Years.
- Phase 2 – 7 Years: Practical Training – 2 Years, Graduation – 3 Years and Post-Graduation / B Ed – 2 years
- Phase 3: 4 Years: Study of Theology – 4 Years
At the end of the novitiate the candidate makes his first religious profession and becomes a Salesian. Before the study of theology, he makes his Perpetual Profession. At the end of the study of theology, he will be ordained a priest.
Formation Expenses: For Pre-novitiate – ₹. 5000.00per month; Novitiate and Philosophy – ₹. 6000.00per month; Theological Studies ₹. 7000.00 per month. The expenses towards Post graduate studies varies. However approximately it comes to ₹. 8000.00
You Can become a sponsor:
- Daily and whenever possible pray for the Salesian in formation (click here to tell us that you would like to pray for this intention)
- Adopt a seminarian partially by meeting his expense of formation by clicking here (link to the adoption)
- Adopt a seminarian fully by meeting all the expenses according to the level of his formation. I would like to adopt: One who is in Phase 1, One who is in Phase 2 One who is Phase 3
Mass Intention: We are happy to receive mass intentions and the amount received will be used for the formation of the candidates, scholarship for poor students or the general expense of the province/poor institutions of the province. (₹ 100 for ordinary mass). If you wish to have masses said for your intention, kindly click here.
Scholarship for higher education of Salesians: Besides the basic qualification for a person to priesthood, today we require to qualify the personnel to administer the educational institutions. The confreres need such qualifications as Ph D, Master Degree in Philosophy, Theology, and various secular subjects like Bachelor’s degree in Education, Sociology, History, Political Science, Mathematics, Science etc. If you wish to sponsor a Salesian then please click here.
Sick confreres: The number of confreres have become aged and sick. In their young age they have worked hard for the church, congregation, development of young people and the society at large. Now that they are old and sick, they need medical care and attention. We are intending to make few sick rooms in our houses like Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Dimapur and Imphal where hospitals are available. To construct/ modify and furnish these rooms we seek your generous help. If you wish to help kindly click here.
Educate a child: There are number of poor children who want to study but whose parents cannot afford to pay the educational expenses. If you could sponsor one child up to +12 level fully or partially will be appreciated.
Benefits of Adoption/Sponsorship
- The Salesians remember and pray for their benefactors daily
- Your sponsored seminarian will remember you in his daily prayers.
- Every month a special mass is offered for the benefactors, both living and deceased.
- In the month of November, 60 masses are offered for all the deceased benefactors
- Once ordained, the new priest will remember the benefactors in his daily mass.
- The province will send handouts and wishes to the benefactors.
From time to time we are beset with various calamities. We try to help out whomever we can during the period of various natural calamities by providing them ration, stationery articles, household items, learning materials, and so on. click here
Thank you for sponsoring. May God bless you.