MARAM – DBHSS

History

On 31st January 1983, Don Bosco School, Maram was inaugurated and the aspirantate which had been going on in Senapati from 1981, was shifted to Maram. Fr. Nangachiveetil Joseph was appointed the priest in charge of the 25 aspirants and the school. In April 1985, the aspirantate was shifted to Don Bosco Dibrugarh. On 18th January 1989 it was canonically erected as a Salesian house with Fr. Seabstian Manianchira as it’s first Rector. On 31st January 1989 the parish was canonically erected with Fr. Peter Bianchi as the first Parish Priest. On 20th July 1994 Don Bosco School was upgraded to Higher Secondary School. Fr. Nedumattathil Jose took over as the Principal. After the tragic death of Fr. Jose the school was looked after by Fr. C.M. Joseph.

Today

The parish of Maram has about 6,000 Catholics in five substations. The school has 1270 students. There are 90 boys in the boarding run by the Salesians.

Activities

Parish, Pastoral work and Evangelization, Chaplaincy, Cooperators, Past Pupils, Youth animation, Higher Secondary School (Science), Boarding for boys.

Address

Don Bosco Hr. Sec. School
Maram Centre – 795 105
Manipur

Phone

(03871) 265366 / 265332

Leave a Reply